Gallium specialises in the creation and operation of unregulated collective investment schemes (“UCIS”). Essentially, we provide a complete package of regulated activities to enable our clients to proceed with the launch and operation of their UCIS.
What are Unregulated Collective Investment Schemes?
If the FCA has not authorised or recognised a collective investment scheme then it will be classified as a UCIS. A UCIS may be established, operated and/or managed in the UK or in a jurisdiction outside the UK. UCIS are described as unregulated because they are not subject to the same restrictions as a regulated collective investment scheme (e.g. in terms of their investment powers and how they are run).
Although the schemes themselves are not authorised or recognised, persons carrying on regulated activities in the UK in relation to UCIS (including providing personal recommendations, arranging deals and establishing, operating and managing schemes) will be subject to FCA regulation, including Handbook requirements (e.g. the Conduct Of Business Sourcebook).
What is an Operator?
The FCA describes an Operator as any entity which, under the constitution or founding arrangements of UCIS, is responsible for the management of the property held for or within the UCIS. Therefore, if an investment scheme is a UCIS it is required to have an FCA authorised operator.
- The Gallium team is experienced in the development of solutions for the structure of funds, identification of investors, management of the launch process and management of the regulatory aspects once the fund is launched.
- The executive team of Gallium has more than 30 years experience in the creation and operation of UCIS.
- The Gallium team has assisted many of the leading institutional and professional investment managers.
- Gallium is an independent operator.
- Gallium can accommodate any asset class.
- Gallium works with both institutional and private investors.
- Gallium is vastly experienced and cost effective.
If you are interested in the UCIS services then please contact us to obtain further information and to arrange a meeting to discuss your requirements in more detail.